Uniquely designed for the modern mobile professional, the HP EliteBook 840 is a highly secure and manageable PC offering powerful collaboration tools, enabling the enterprise workforce to be more productive and secure on the go or in the office.
Balance design, power, and mobility with this ultraslim distinctively designed aluminum laptop with a narrow border display. This light and compact PC is built for the professional who requires top performance while on the go.
Calls sound clear and crisp with advanced collaboration features like HP Noise Cancellation. Loud top-firing speakers produce rich sound. The world-facing third microphone and collaboration keys help make PC calls productive.
Power through your day with Windows 10 Pro and the powerful security, collaboration and connectivity features from HP.
Help speed up demanding business applications with an 8th Gen quad-core Intel® Core™ processor.
Get gigabit speed Wi-Fi® with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax).
Firmware attacks can completely devastate your PC. Stay protected with HP’s self-healing BIOS – HP Sure Start Gen5 automatically recovers the BIOS from malware, rootkits, or corruption.
To get control of your PC, attackers first need to take down its defenses. Keep critical security protections up and running and prevent unwanted changes to security settings with HP Sure Run Gen2, which provides resilience against attacks.
Advanced malware attacks can destroy your OS and disrupt your business. HP Sure Recover Gen2 ensures fast, secure, and automated recovery of your OS with only a network connection, so you can minimize downtime and get back to business fast.
Help protect your PC from websites and read only Microsoft Office and PDF attachments with embedded malware, ransomware, or viruses with hardware-enforced security from HP Sure Click.
- Operating system
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- Memory Slots
- 2 SODIMM
- Internal Storage
- 256 GB PCIe® M.2 SSD
- Processor family
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processord7
- Intel® Core™ i5-8365U processor with Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Graphics (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)
- Starting at 1.48 kg
- Weight note (metric)
- Weight will vary by configuration.
- 14″ diagonal FHD IPS eDP anti-glare WLED-backlit slim, 250 nits, 45% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
- Display size (diagonal)
- Graphics (integrated)
- Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Battery type
- HP Long Life 3-cell, 50 Wh Li-ion
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 32.6 x 23.43 x 1.79 cm
- HD IR webcam
- Pointing device
- Clickpad with multi-touch gesture support, taps enabled as default; Precision Touchpad with multi-touch gesture support
- Audio features
- Bang & Olufsen, dual stereo speakers, 3 multi array microphone
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (charging); 1 Thunderbolt™ (USB Type-C™ connector); 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 docking connector; 1 AC power
- Intel® XMM™ 7360 LTE-Advanced Cat 9; Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 22260 Wi-Fi 6 (2×2) and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, vPro™
- Security management
- Absolute persistence module; HP DriveLock and Automatic DriveLock; HP Fingerprint Sensor; Power-on authentication; Preboot authentication; TPM 2.0 embedded security chip shipped with Windows 10 (Common Criteria EAL4+ Certified); HP Sure Click; Windows Defender; HP Sure Start Gen5; HP Sure Run Gen2; HP Sure Recover Gen2; HP BIOSphere Gen5; HP Client Security Gen5; HP Sure Sensed40
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- 3 years standard parts, labor and on-site limited warranty (3-3-3), depending on country (upgrades available). 1 year limited warranty on primary battery.